Millennials’ perceived value in buying a home dropped below 50 percent, down significantly from couple of years ago, based on the latest ValueInsured quarterly Modern Homebuyer Survey.
- In another quarter of 2018, 48 percent of the millennials believe getting a home in the usa today is a wonderful investment; it is a record low, down from 54 percent while in the second quarter. The first sort high was 77 percent two years ago.
- Fifty–eight percent of Millennials now agree buying a home is the ideal financial decision they might result in themselves along with family.
- Just over six in 10 Millennials (61 percent) now believe buying a house is more beneficial than renting, again market research low, down from your high of 83 percent 24 months ago.
- While 76 percent of all the homeowners believe is now a great time to sell a home, only 39 percent of Millennials who wants to become homeowners believe now could be a fun time to buy a home.
- The ValueInsured Housing Confidence Index for Millennials registered a score of 56.9 at a hundred–point scale in Q3 2018. It is the minimum level recorded, down 1.7 points from Q2, and down 10.1 points from the year
In accent reporting a comfortable slide of their conviction for real estate property, more millennials now associate owning with sacrifices:
- Nearly one in four (23 percent) believe they have to delay having children as a way to afford to buy a home